Wednesday, January 9, 2008

My Kind of Guy.

When I was younger I always fall for the 'man on the stage'. That guy that plays guitar in some high school band, smokes cigarettes, long haired, beautiful eyes, yea THAT FELLA'. The 'crush' never evolved into a relationship, it's always me behind the window looking from far away. I didn't have the confidence more than giving own made chocolate semi-anonymously on valentine's day. Ah..those days.. the young, cheesy and awkward Martha who likes create more than anything else.

When I grew a little bit older, I always fall for that guy next door. My best-male- friend. Nice guy, we can talk about anything, go roundabout the city and all When Harry Met Sally type of scenario. However, it always went one way and not the other way around. I think there's something about being a friend per se that turns men off, or rather in the end turns me off as well. 'What? No more mystery? Oh that's just boring.'

Then come the days when I fell for incredibly smart, idealist but sad person. It started off pretty plain and sweet but soon crushed, crashed and burned burned burned to the last piece of my heart. Those were complicated times. It took me 2+ years to start healing and back on my feet again. Funnily enough though, he becomes one of my sanctuary now.

Meanwhile, I gain confidence along the way and start becoming this Martha that you know now, the-happy-go-lucky-girl. I've been going out and date people randomly from various background. Meeting people is always a nice thing and I enjoy it very much. Talk over lunch, dinner or a movie and we'll see how it goes from there. No point in rushing things, life offers too much for us not to enjoy.

So, there you go. Things change, people change, I change, my kind of guy? They change too, apparently.


--

La Vita e Bella.

No comments: